Kaltura allows you to create lecture videos with two layers: One of your powerpoint, and one of yourself talking. There are many other options in Kaltura, such as closed-captioning, linking to URLs, embedding quizzes, and even creating interactive videos. You can even track whether your students have watched your lectures.
First: Login with your Lancer ID and password to the CBU MediaSpace Website
Creating, editing, sharing and embedding videos:
- How to download and install the Kaltura Capture Tool
- How to create a lecture video in Kaltura
- Ensure that your screen capture is large by default, and your face is small, picture in picture
- Upload a new thumbnail image for your video
- Fix the closed-captioning on your video
- Edit your Kaltura video (cut something out of the beginning, middle, or end)
- How to embed a Kaltura video in Blackboard
- How to create a quiz in Kaltura
- How to link a Kaltura quiz to Blackboard
- Change your video from "private" to "unlisted" - share the link, add collaborators.
- See who has watched your video lectures
- Kaltura does not have folder structures. Instead, you can organize your videos into channels. See this video for info about making channels.
How students will use Kaltura
Do you have videos on Techsmith Knowmia that didn't migrate into Kaltura? See this tutorial:
- Course Copy Request
If you have a course copy request, fill out this form
Otherwise, you may perform a number of course copy actions yourself. Here are some tutorials:
- Before you import class content or copy a course section, click this tutorial to learn how to prepare a video for course copy by "bulk deleting"
- Click this tutorial to learn how to export a Blackboard course package, to give to someone else to import it
- Click this tutorial to learn how to copy your course into a new section (if you are listed as an instructor of that new section)