Kaltura allows you to create lecture videos with two layers: One of your powerpoint, and one of yourself talking. There are many other options in Kaltura, such as closed-captioning, linking to URLs, embedding quizzes, and even creating interactive videos. You can even track whether your students have watched your lectures.
First: Login with your Lancer ID and password to the CBU MediaSpace Website
Creating, editing, sharing and embedding videos:
- How to download and install the Kaltura Capture Tool
- How to create a lecture video in Kaltura
- Ensure that your screen capture is large by default, and your face is small, picture in picture
- Upload a new thumbnail image for your video
- Fix the closed-captioning on your video
- Edit your Kaltura video (cut something out of the beginning, middle, or end)
- How to embed a Kaltura video in Blackboard
- Change your video from "private" to "unlisted" - share the link, add collaborators.
- See who has watched your video lectures
Troubleshoot: Sometimes a student takes a quiz, but the grade is not reported to Blackboard. Why? The student may have to change settings in his or her browser:
- Kaltura does not have folder structures. Instead, you can organize your videos into channels. See this video for info about making channels.
How students will use Kaltura
Do you have videos on Techsmith Knowmia that didn't migrate into Kaltura? See this tutorial: