Welcome and thank you for your interest in California Baptist University
California Baptist University (CBU) is one of the top private Christian colleges and universities in Southern California. CBU offers bachelor's, master's and credential programs in Riverside, San Bernardino and online.
California Baptist University believes each person has been created for a purpose. CBU strives to help students understand and engage this purpose by providing a Christ-centered educational experience that integrates academics with spiritual and social development opportunities. Graduates are challenged to become individuals whose skills, integrity and sense of purpose glorify God and distinguish them in the workplace and in the world.
- Founded in 1950 by the California Southern Baptist Convention
- Fall 2020 enrollment of 11,317 students
- CBU offers degrees at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- At the undergraduate level CBU offers more than 80 majors, with more than 150 major concentrations, and more than 50 minors
- At the graduate level CBU offers more than 30 master's and five doctoral programs
- 100% Christian faculty and staff
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report Best Regional University
- Accreditations and approvals include
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Board of Behavioral Science Examiners
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- National Association of Schools of Music
- State of California Board of Registered Nursing
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Board of Registered Nurses
- American Council for Construction Education
- CBU's bachelor degree programs in civil engineering (BSCE), electrical and computer engineering (BSECE) and mechanical engineering (BSME) have been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Riverside Campus Profile
The beautiful 160-acre main campus of California Baptist University is situated in the heart of Riverside's historic Magnolia Avenue district just a short drive from popular beaches and mountain resorts. The main campus is comprised of more than 30 buildings featuring the 94,800 sq. ft. Eugene and Billie Yeager Center, separate men's and women's residence halls, multiple apartment complexes and modular housing, the 270-seat Wallace Theater, a fitness center, one of the region's largest aquatic centers, the Annie Gabriel Library, the Van Dyne Gym and the JoAnn Hawkins Music building, one of the nation's most advanced music production and recording facilities. The latest architectural addition to campus is a 5,050 seat, 153,000 sq. ft. Events Center.
Take a tour of the campus.
CBU Lancers Athletics
Lancers athletic teams participates in the NCAA I play within the Western Athletic Conference. CBU is gaining recognition as one of the best in the nation with numerous regional and national championship teams in a variety of sports, including men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming, men's and women's golf, softball, baseball and wrestling.
Visit the CBU Lancers Athletics Web site.
CBU in the Region
CBU has established extension sites throughout Riverside and San Bernardino counties with more being planned in response to the growing demand for CBU's distinctive faith-based, working-adult degree programs. School districts, law enforcement agencies, hospitals, churches and businesses seek out and hold CBU graduates in high regard for their unique combination of competence, confidence and compassion.
CBU's Spiritual Mission
In addition to community involvement through a variety of service projects and activities, California Baptist University also supports a wide range of highly active international programs. Included are educational partnerships with a number of universities in Europe and Asia. Further, the CBU International Service Projects program annually sends scores of student teams throughout the world to teach and participate in recreation, construction and infrastructure.