All international students at CBU will be enrolled in CBU's approved health insurance. This is to help ensure that you have proper coverage, and are not being enrolled in a policy that will not provide you the care you may need while in the United States. This insurance allows you to receive medical care here in the States if you should need it while you are a student.

You will pay for the medical insurance as part of your student accounts fees two times each year: Fall and Spring. Your insurance card is valid through the whole school year, Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. 

Your UnitedHealthcare coverage, offered through a company called Gallagher, will cover (pay for) basic medical procedures such as:

  • Physicals

  • Most doctor visits/check-ups

  • Immunizations

  • Partial payment for scans (X-ray, MRI, CAT) 

As soon as you arrive at CBU you should create an online account with Gallagher's website. Through this site you can access your digital health insurance card. We strongly encourage you to log into this account at the start of every semester so you have access to your digital card early and before you may need to use it. 

If you get sick or hurt, you should go to one of the approved medical facilities listed below to receive treatment. You will need to show them your digital health insurance card so they can contact Gallagher and send them the medical bill.  The insurance company will pay all or part of the costs of your bill, and then send you a bill for the remaining balance. This bill will come to the International Center or to your home residence.

Approved Medical Facilities

CBU’s Student Health Center
3626 Monroe Street
Riverside, CA 92504
Phone: +1 (951) 321-6520

Parkview Community Hospital
3865 Jackson St.
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone: +1 (951) 688-2211

Riverside Community Hospital
4445 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: +1 (951) 788-3000 

Click here to see Gallagher's website for more facilities. 

Your health insurance will not cover:

You can add these as additional charges to your health insurance if you need dental or eye care. Please click the links above for more information about dental or vision coverage.

Recommended Dentists

Dr. Robert Mohn, DDS
3731 Tibbetts St. #1,
Riverside, CA, 92506
+1 (951) 686-3368

Dr. Zareh, DDS & Dr. Saesim, DDS
8990 Garfield St. #4
Riverside, CA, 92503
+1 (951) 687-6453

No, as an international student you are required to have CBU's health insurance coverage. You will not be approved to go through another health insurance provider, nor to have health insurance waived altogether. 

There are two places where you can find further information about your CBU health insurance:


Contact the International Center

Phone: (951) 343-4690

Lancer Arms 56
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504

Intensive English Program

IEP Director: Heather Snavely

International Student and Scholar Services

ISSS Director: Courtney Watson

Find your DSO.