Below you will find frequently asked questions. Some questions are related to all graduating students and some questions are specific to your degree type. So, be sure to scroll down and read all questions pertaining to your status.
- If I'm a graduate, what do I do the day of Commencement?Arrive at the Recreation Center, wearing your cap, gown and other approved regalia. Make sure your cap is pinned and hair is sprayed (if needed). You must check-in before your ceremony is scheduled to begin. (Your check-in time will be emailed to you a few weeks before Commencement.) Staff will direct graduates to the correct area for line-up and will be available to answer questions, give instructions, and direct graduates for the processional.
- When do I receive my actual diploma?Students who meet the following qualifications will receive their diploma at the address they provided on the graduation application:
- The student has applied for and has been approved for their requested posting date
- The student has all outstanding degree requirements met (All coursework has been completed and all outstanding grades and official transcripts have been received)
- The student has been cleared to receive their diploma by both the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices.
For more information on posting dates, click here: https://calbaptist.edu/commencement/graduates/apply/application-deadlines
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks after your posting date for diplomas to be shipped.
- What time do I need to arrive for the Commencement ceremony?All students will need to arrive at the Recreation Center for check-in prior to their scheduled ceremony. (Your check-in time will be emailed to you a few weeks before Commencement.) Please arrive early to enable ample time for parking.
- Is there a rehearsal?Rehearsal takes place after you have checked-in. Graduates will receive their walking cards and all instructions.
- Will there be sign language interpreting?An interpreter will be provided during the Commencement ceremony for guests who are hearing disabled. Click here for more information about accommodations and disabilities services.
- How many guests may I invite?Each graduate will receive a group of four guest tickets. No extra tickets will be available due to COVID-19 restrictions. Click here for more information regarding guest tickets.
- Do I need to return my cap and gown?No, your cap and gown do not need to be returned. They are yours to keep. Click here for more information about regalia.
Bachelor Degree Candidates
- When will I get my honor cords?Honor cords will be mailed with regalia. These will be given to qualified Bachelor degree candidates. Click here for more information about honor cords.
- How do I know if I qualify for honors?Honors are determined by a student's cumulative grade point average at the completion of the previous semester. To view a list of candidates who qualify for honors, click here.
Master Degree Candidates
- When will I receive my hood?You will receive your hood with the regalia that is mailed to you. You will need to bring it with you to the hooding ceremony presented by your respective program. For more information, or if you are unable to attend the hooding ceremony, please contact your academic department. No regalia will be disbursed the day of Commencement. Click here for more information about the Hooding Ceremonies.
Doctoral Degree Candidates
- How do I take my measurements for my regalia?You will be emailed instructions to assist in taking your specific measurements for your Doctoral gown. Please contact the department secretary of your school or college for more information.