Review the sections below for more information on travel and transportation:

Spring 2024 LAX drop-off = Sunday, April 21

Click Here to Sign Up

If you are not traveling to or from LAX on these days and are in need of transportation we recommend looking into Prime Time Shuttle

The International Center has bikes available for current international CBU students to rent and use throughout the school year. Our orange bikes are limited, but if you would like to apply to rent one you may fill out this Bike Rental Request.

Riverside Transit Agency (the local city bus)
The Riverside Transit Agency provides public transportation for Western Riverside County, operating 38 fixed routes, 5 commuter routes and 15 demand response services. RTA’s service area spans 2,500 square miles, the second-largest in the nation.

For bus route and schedule information contact RTA at +1 (800) 800-7821 or log on to their website at

Read this helpful guide as well.

CBU students are allowed to ride the bus for free! To do so, you will need to get a digital bus pass through RTA. To get an RTA Buss Pass please send an email to from your LancerMail account.

Metrolink (trains that run through Southern California)
Metrolink is a premier regional rail system, including commuter and other passenger services, linking Riverside Country to the surrounding counties. Counties accessible by Metrolink are Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura.

For Metrolink information, call the Customer Service Center at +1 (800) 371-5465 or log on to their website at

If you are a CA resident or you simply wish to apply for a CA driver’s license, please follow the steps below.

To Apply for the California Driver’s License

First, wait until you have been in the U.S. for at least 30 days before applying for a CA driver’s license. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website is and has the latest California Driver Handbook, instructions on applying for a driver's license and frequently asked questions.

  • Make an appointment to apply for the license. Call (800) 777-0133, or make an appointment on the DMV’s website. The closest DMV offices to CBU are: 6280 Brockton Ave. Riverside, CA 92506 and 6425 Sycamore Canyon Blvd. Riverside, CA 92507

  • Be prepared to pay the driver’s license application fee ($33)

  • You will be given a vision exam and a traffic laws and sign test (sample tests are available on the DMV’s website)

  • If you pass the tests and have never had a license before, you will be given a permit to practice driving before taking the driving test. If you pass the tests and have a license from another country, you can take your driving test right away. Be sure you have already scheduled a driving test appointment, make sure your vehicle is safe to drive, and bring proof that the vehicle you are driving is insured.

In order to verify your identity, you must provide the following to the DMV:

  • Social Security Number (SSN). If you do not have a SSN, please tell the DMV employee that you are not eligible for a SSN.
  • A valid passport
  • A current valid and Active I-20
  • A copy of your I-94 record

If you leave the U.S. at any time during your studies and intend to re-enter, you must be in possession of a valid I-20 form to present to immigration officials upon return to the U.S. If there have been no substantial changes in the amount or source of your financial support, degree or field of study, or graduation date, you can then follow the steps below. If you have substantial changes, you should obtain a new I-20 reflecting the new information.

For travel outside the U.S., you need:

  • A valid, endorsed I-20 form, signed by an authorized staff member in International Student and Scholar Services. This signature notifies Department of Homeland Security that you are a full-time enrolled student at California Baptist University. Click here to see a sample Travel Signature on an I-20. 
  • A valid passport, that expires at least six months into the future.
  • A valid visa.

For additional information about how to apply for or renew your F1 visa, please visit the Department of State website

Travel to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean (F-1 & J-1 visa holders):

  • Travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean (and contiguous islands) requires different documentation than travel to anywhere else in the world. In order to enter these countries, you must make sure that your I-94 form is valid for longer than the period you expect to stay in that country. If your I-94 card says D/S, this is sufficient as long as you are not near your academic completion date (the completion date is indicated on your Form I-20 or DS-2019).
  • In addition to a valid I-94 form, F-1 students need to take along a valid passport and a valid I-20 form. It is advisable to take evidence of financial support, which could include a bank statement or scholarship letter from sponsor.
  • The requirement that a valid U.S. visa be stamped into your passport for your return to the U.S. is waived for a visit of fewer than 30 days to Canada as long as you are in possession of a valid I-94 form. The immigration officials will look at your I-94 card when you enter Canada and when you enter the U.S., but they should not take it from you.

Note: Depending upon your country of citizenship, you may need a visa to enter Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean. If you travel to these areas, you will need to contact the appropriate embassy in the U.S.


Contact the International Center

Phone: (951) 343-4690

Lancer Arms 56
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504

Intensive English Program

IEP Director: Heather Snavely

International Student and Scholar Services

ISSS Director: Courtney Watson

Find your DSO.