Evidence of USOs
The assessment committee is in the process of developing rubrics for the six University Student Outcomes (USOs). Links will be added below as the rubrics are completed, and as data becomes available on student achievement of these outcomes.
The USO rubrics and student achievement data on the USOs can be helpful in various ways:
- Program Proposals: Consider how new degree program proposals align with the USOs
- Determine how aggregate student achievement is improving or lagging over time, in specific USOs
- Compare achievement of USOs in your program to those in other degree programs (note that the sample size decreases when you use this filter)
- See how achievement changes from 100 level to 400 level and graduate level courses (note the sample size decreases when you use this filter)
- Curriculum: Consider curricular and co-curricular modifications to address the domains of each USO that seem to need improvement.
Demonstrate spiritual literacy, including Biblical Christian faith and practice, Baptist perspectives, and the Christian's role in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Respect diverse religious, cultural, philosophical, and aesthetic experiences and perspectives.
Use critical thinking skills to demonstrate literacy: listening, speaking, writing, reading, viewing, and visual representing.
- Click here to download USO 3 rubric
- Click here to use the interactive dashboard for evidence of student learning in respect to USO 3