To download the Qwickly tutorial page, click here.
Respondus Lock-Down Browser is an integrated blackboard tool where any Blackboard exam is secured. This means that students can not print, surf the web, chat with other students, or take screenshots of the exam. Training Webinars Provided by Respondus
- How to require the use of LockDown Browser for your exam on Blackboard.
- How to "fix it" and ensure your quiz is set up properly
Instructions for Students:
1. Before the test date, download the LockDown Browser
- Download Link for the Respondus Browser
2. At the test: To run the LockDown Browser:
- First close all programs (outlook, web browsers, everything)
- Search for LockDown where you search for your installed programs (Mac or Windows searchbar), and open Lockdown Browser
- You may receive a message that gives you the options to "close programs" or "exit LockDown browser". Select "close programs".
- When LockDown browser loads, go to the Cal Baptist Blackboard site.
- You will need your Cal Baptist login info- probably your student ID, and you'll need to know the password you use to login to Blackboard.
- Chrome books do not work with Respondus. iPads do work with Respondus
- Mac Users: You'll need to upgrade to at least macOS 10.12 Sierra in order to use LockDown
Browser on your Mac. If you get an error that says "digital signature invalid" it's
because your system is older than 10.12.
Not working? Check this page to see if there was a server outage.
Qualtrics is a survey design and dissemination tool that works well for quantitative research or surveys from classes, programs, or schools/colleges.
With some modifications, it can also be used to collect applications and other paperwork.
To access this tool: Qualtrics login
See the following video tutorials for using Qualtrics:
- Logging in to Qualtrics
- Creating a new Qualtrics project/survey
- Creating basic types of questions in Qualtrics
- Add a dropdown menu to a multiple choice question
- Contingent questions, skip logic, display logic
- Customizing your survey, back button, incomplete answers, survey title and description
- How to collaborate/share a survey with a CBU person
- Customize the end of your survey
- Change the “look and feel” of your survey
- Workflow example: have Qualtrics email you when you get a new response
- Preview, publish and distribute your survey
Working with data
LiveText is a portfolio management system. This is the platform we use for faculty portfolios.
To access LiveText, follow this link: LiveText login