How to Cover Your Tuition and Fees in 5 Steps
But first, let’s look at the difference between Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
Both offices work together on your behalf. Financial Aid helps you secure money to pay for college in the form of grants, scholarships and loans.
Student Accounts helps you set up payment arrangements to pay tuition and fees on time … so you stay enrolled at CBU and on-track to graduation.
- Grants, Scholarships, Loans
- Financial Aid Documentation
- Financial Aid Offer
- Tuition and Fees
- Payment Options
- Payment Due Date
- Book Vouchers
Now, here are the steps to cover your tuition and fees.
Submit a Tuition and Fee Agreement to Student Accounts
This agreement expresses you understand your responsibility to pay your tuition and fees to CBU on time each semester.
Refer to the Student Accounts Tab on InsideCBU to submit your Tuition and Fee Agreement electronically. If you are under 18 years old, please print the Tuition and Fee Agreement and have your parent sign and submit the form to the Student Accounts Office.
Complete Your FAFSA at studentaid.gov
- Types of Financial Aid
Pell Grant and SEOG: Federal Grants do not need to be repaid
Cal Grant: State Grant does not need to be repaid
VA Benefits: Contact the Director of Veterans Resource Center at 951-552-8522
Institutional Aid: Scholarships and grants from CBU do not need to be repaid
Private Scholarships*: Money from private donors does not have to be repaid
Direct Loans/PLUS/Alternative Loans*: Funds borrowed must be repaid
*For private student loans and scholarship opportunities refer to the Financial Aid Tab on InsideCBU
Submit all Financial Aid Documents and Accept/Decline Financial Aid Offer
- Submit verification documents through "Student Forms" on InsideCBU
- Check your Financial Aid Offer on InsideCBU
- Go to studentaid.gov to complete the following if using loans:
- Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling
- Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
- Parent Plus Loan Application
- Graduate Plus Loan Application
- Cal Grant recipients: Confirm high school graduation date or transfer entitlement online at mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov
Once you receive your Financial Aid Offer you may accept, decline or reduce aid as needed to cover your charges.
Do not assume your Financial Aid Award will cover your balance in full. Check your Course and Fee Statement on InsideCBU.
Check your Course and Fee Statement
Check your course and fee statement to determine any balance due for the semester. The statement will include your estimated semester balance, course schedule, charges, and pending or accepted financial aid.
Have a credit on your account?
Visit www.calbaptist.edu/refund for refund information or go to the Student Accounts tab on Inside CBU for details on using your refund for a book voucher.
Cover Your Tuition and Fees through the Approved Payment Options by the Payment Due Date
All student account charges are due and payable by the Payment Due Date. The University expects students to cover all charges for the current semester before advancing to a future semester.
Payment Due Dates are always available on InsideCBU and Student Accounts will send important reminders to your LancerMail inbox.
Approved Payment Options
- Online Payment
- Pay online through InsideCBU
- Online check payments are accepted at no additional charge
- Credit and debit card payments are accepted and a convenience fee will apply
- Foreign currency payments are accepted, and an exchange fee will apply
- Semester Payment Plan
- Pay all or part of your semester charges in four monthly installments without interest
- Payments are automatically processed on the 5th of the month
- A $35 per semester enrollment fee will apply at the time of enrollment
- Enroll online using the "Make a payment or set up a payment plan" link on InsideCBU
- Re-enrollment by the Payment Due Date is required each semester
- Financial Aid
- Refer to the Financial Aid tab on InsideCBU for additional funding options
- Financial Aid must be accepted online through InsideCBU prior to the Payment Due Date
Financial Aid is only available for degree-required courses. Contact your Student Success Coach for assistance.