• Am I required to live on campus?

    University policy states that all single full-time traditional undergraduate students live on campus OR with their parent(s)/guardian if they meet either of the following criteria:

    • They receive more than $13,500 in institutional aid in an academic year
    • Are under 21 years of age
  • Who is eligible for on-campus housing?

    In order to be eligible to live in on-campus housing you must be a single full-time traditional undergraduate or graduate student:

    • Full-time
      • You must be enrolled in at least 12 units of traditional undergraduate classes.
      • You must be enrolled full time in a CBU graduate program
    • Single
      • CBU does not offer on-campus married and/or family housing.
    • Traditional undergraduate or graduate student
      • CBU does not offer on-campus housing for Online Professional Studies (OPS) students
  • How much does housing cost?

    For the 2023–2024 school year, housing costs range from $3,790 to $4,015 per semester for shared housing based on the living area. Specific amounts are listed on the housing application. Shared housing is any living area where freshman or upperclassman have roommates.

  • Do I have to have a meal plan?

    University policy states that all residents living on campus must have a meal plan. For additional questions about meal plans please contact University Card Services at (951) 552-8552.

  • Can I bring my car?

    Yes! Even freshman residents are able to have their cars on campus. You will however have to register your car with Safety Services for a permit each school year. 

  • Can I do laundry on campus?

    Yes. Each living area on campus has at least one if not more locations to do your laundry. You will need to provide your own detergent, fabric softener, etc.

  • What should I bring on campus?

    When considering what to bring, please remember two basic rules:

    1. You cannot install or affix anything in the room/apartment that will be permanent or cause damage to walls, doors, ceilings or floors.
    2. You will be sharing space with another person or persons. Contact your roommate(s) and discuss what you each plan to bring.

    For other information about what you are able to bring on campus please review the Packing Lists.

  • Do I need to bring furniture?

    No. Campus housing at CBU includes all furniture for the room/apartment.  See below for a list of what is provided in each type of housing area.

    Colony, University Place, Lancer Arms, The Point, The Village, The Cottages and Tower Hall:

    • An extra long twin bed frame and mattress for each student 
    • A desk and chair for each student 
    • A dresser for each student
    • A couch (in the living room area)
    • Coffee table and/or end table 
    • Dining table and chairs (not in Tower Hall)
    • Refrigerator 
    • Stove/oven (not in Tower Hall)
      • Some apartments may have additional appliances and furniture

    Smith Hall and Simmons Hall:

      • An extra long twin bed frame and mattress for each student 
      • A desk and chair for each student 
      • A dresser for each student 
      • Built-in closet 
      • Vanity with a sink 
      • Medicine cabinet