|Priority||May 15||November 1||March 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Now accepting applications for Fall 2021, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
Update 9/23/20: Due to the continued coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we understand that many students are not able to meet the standard program application requirements for Spring 2021. Please click here to view temporary admissions procedures we are implementing for Spring 2021 in an effort to assist our students.
- Complete a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency.
- Complete subject matter requirements:
- Pass the state-administered California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST).
- Take at least one subtest of the California State Exam (CSET) for the planned credential content area.
- Meet the minimum grade point average:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for unconditional admission and a minimum 2.75 GPA is required for conditional admission.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA may be considered for admission with passage of all subsets of the CSET exam for the planned credential content area.
- Three recommendations, completed on forms provided, from professional sources who can address your potential for success. Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Complete a written literacy sample.
- Complete a satisfactory interview with an education faculty member (special education candidates only).
- Verification of Certificate of Clearance (COC) granted.
- Credential program acceptance.
Documents can be sent to:
CBU Graduate Admissions
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside CA 92504