- Demonstrate competency in biology and the sciences at levels comparable to national standards.
- Critically analyze and discuss scientific journal articles.
- Critically analyze and discuss selected contemporary and/or controversial issues in biology and biomedical sciences, enabling them to be informed citizens and participants in the public debate and discourse involving these issues.
- Accurately convey scientific data both orally and in writing.
- Apply their knowledge of biology and science through participation in a focused research project and/or an internship.