Student Learning Outcomes
- History majors should be able to express coherently an appreciation of religious, philosophical, and cultural diversity.
- History majors should be able to demonstrate how the discipline of history and the development of various historical methodologies provide frameworks for understanding human cultures.
- History majors should be able to demonstrate the impact of the discipline of history upon human understanding of religious traditions, political systems, and cultural identity.
- History majors should be knowledgeable of the historical impact of Christianity and the Biblical revelation upon the development of Western culture.
- History majors should develop an appreciation of the contribution and struggle for recognition, franchise, and power, within a democracy, by marginalized groups in American history such as: women, African Americans, Native Americans, and others.