Student Learning Outcomes
- Writing, Editing, Revising: Write, edit, and revise a well-organized essay using clear syntax, diction, and style.
- Critical Interpretation/Analysis: Critically interpret texts based on literary theory, genre, and context.
- Research: Identify, navigate, and evaluate appropriate research tools and incorporate scholarly research into their own writing.
- Faith: Explain his or her worldview as well as biblical principles in relation to the creation and interpretation of literature.
- Breadth of Literary Knowledge: Demonstrate familiarity with a variety of literary traditions including prominent authors, genres, literary movements, and styles.*
*This particular SLO is holistic to the program and so it is "practiced" in each course until the students' senior year, when it is "demonstrated."