University policy states that all single full-time traditional undergraduate students live on campus OR with their parent(s)/guardian if they meet either of the following criteria:

  • They receive more than $13,500 in institutional aid in an academic year
  • Are under 21 years of age

In order to be eligible to live in on-campus housing you must be a single full-time traditional undergraduate or graduate student:

  • Full-time
    • You must be enrolled in at least 12 units of traditional undergraduate classes.
    • You must be enrolled full time in a CBU graduate program
  • Single
    • CBU does not offer on-campus married and/or family housing.
  • Traditional undergraduate or graduate student
    • CBU does not offer on-campus housing for Online Professional Studies (OPS) students

For the 2024–2025 academic year, housing costs range from $3,885 to $4,115 per semester for shared housing based on the living area. Specific amounts are listed on the housing application. Shared housing is any living area where freshman or upperclassman have roommates.

University policy states that all residents living on campus must have a meal plan. For additional questions about meal plans please visit

Yes! Even freshman residents are able to have their cars on campus. You will however have to register your car with Safety Services for a permit each school year. 

Yes. Each living area on campus has at least one if not more locations to do your laundry. You will need to provide your own detergent, fabric softener, etc.

When considering what to bring, please remember two basic rules:

  1. You cannot install or affix anything in the room/apartment that will be permanent or cause damage to walls, doors, ceilings or floors.
  2. You will be sharing space with another person or persons. Contact your roommate(s) and discuss what you each plan to bring.

For other information about what you are able to bring on campus please review the Packing Lists.

No. Campus housing at CBU includes all furniture for the room/apartment.  See below for a list of what is provided in each type of housing area.

Colony, University Place, Lancer Arms, The Point, The Village, The Cottages and Tower Hall:

  • An extra long twin bed frame and mattress for each student 
  • A desk and chair for each student 
  • A dresser for each student
  • A couch (in the living room area)
  • Coffee table and/or end table 
  • Dining table and chairs (not in Tower Hall)
  • Refrigerator 
  • Stove/oven (not in Tower Hall)
  • Some apartments may have additional appliances and furniture

Smith Hall and Simmons Hall:

  • An extra long twin bed frame and mattress for each student 
  • A desk and chair for each student 
  • A dresser for each student 
  • Built-in closet 
  • Vanity with a sink 
  • Medicine cabinet 

Contact Residence Life and Housing Services

Residence Life

Phone: (951) 552-8000

Housing Services

Phone: (951) 552-8111

The Village 215
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504