The library is open and ready to help CBU students with their research and information needs. In order to provide a safe and healthy environment for those visiting the building, we ask that everyone please follow the protocols listed below. We look forward to seeing you in the library!
Promoting Health in the Library
Please help contribute to the health of you and your fellow Lancers by observing the following rules when in the building:
- Please use the hand sanitizer station after entering the library building
- Wear a mask at all times
- Maintain six feet of social distancing
- Use the wipes provided to clean your study or computer area before and after use
- No eating or drinking inside the building
- Please do not move the chairs or other furniture
- Library spaces are currently for individual study only, no group study sessions (The Library's reservable group study rooms are closed for the Spring 2021 semester)
- Only one person is allowed in an aisle of bookcases at a time
- Do not reshelve any library materials – instead place them on the bookcarts when finished
- Please do not visit the library when sick
Librarians are available for remote research assistance to help you find the information you need (in-person appointments are not available at this time):
- Chat: For immediate assistance, chat reference is available 24/7.
- Phone: Call us at (951) 343-4228
- WebEx: Live research help via WebEx is available by request Monday-Thurs 8am-9pm and Fri 8am-5pm.
- Text: Simple queries can also be submitted via text/SMS to (951) 221-4228.
- E-mail: Send us an e-mail about your needs and we'll get back to you ASAP.
New Database for Consumer Market Research: Mintel
Mintel provides extraordinarily up-to-date and in-depth analysis of consumer markets based on original survey research. Access Mintel's U.S. reports from the library's databases listings.
Some examples of the questions Mintel can answer:
Library Adopts RapidILL System to Streamline Interlibrary Loan for Articles
There are over 20 million journal articles available from the library, but that number is only a portion of all articles that have ever been published. To better facilitate fast, easy and reliable requesting of articles from beyond CBU's collections, the library has adopted RapidILL. RapidILL is built into existing systems, so those who already submit requests don't need to change anything. View the press release.
Color, Cashless and Wireless Printing Now Available
Due to the efforts of CBU ITS, we're very happy to announce that color printing is now available in the library and around campus! You can also now print from wifi. A wide variety of payment options are available, including LancerBucks, Paypal and more. Cash payments for printing are no longer accepted.