While the Annie Gabriel Library building is closed until further notice, the Library continues to support Lancer Nation with its online collections and services, which are always open:
All library materials can be returned by placing them in the library bookdrop, now located in front of the library building. For questions about returning library materials please contact Rob Diaz.
The library's vast collection of online resources is available from anywhere. This includes:
- Over 300,000 e-books -- find them in OneSearch Catalog.
- Millions of academic journal articles -- find them in OneSearch, or use a specific database. If an article is not available (from our collections or open access), it can still be requested via interlibrary loan.
- Over 30,000 streaming videos from databases like Films on Demand, NBC Learn and Digital Theatre+.
Librarians remain available for research assistance to help you find the information you need:
- Chat: For immediate assistance, chat reference continues to be available 24/7.
- WebEx: Live research help via WebEx is available by request Monday-Thurs 8am-9pm and Fri 8am-5pm.
- Text: Simple queries can also be submitted via text/SMS to (951) 221-4228.
- E-mail: Send us an e-mail about your needs and we'll get back to you ASAP.
Faculty are encouraged to view the Guide to the Library for Faculty & Staff.
New Database for Consumer Market Research: Mintel
Mintel provides extraordinarily up-to-date and in-depth analysis of consumer markets based on original survey research. Access Mintel's U.S. reports from the library's databases listings.
Some examples of the questions Mintel can answer:
Library Adopts RapidILL System to Streamline Interlibrary Loan for Articles
There are over 20 million journal articles available from the library, but that number is only a portion of all articles that have ever been published. To better facilitate fast, easy and reliable requesting of articles from beyond CBU's collections, the library has adopted RapidILL. RapidILL is built into existing systems, so those who already submit requests don't need to change anything. View the press release.
Color, Cashless and Wireless Printing Now Available
Due to the efforts of CBU ITS, we're very happy to announce that color printing is now available in the library and around campus! You can also now print from wifi. A wide variety of payment options are available, including LancerBucks, Paypal and more. Cash payments for printing are no longer accepted.
Rose Lilley Retires after 23 Years of Service
Rose Lilley, Library Assistant for Technical Processing at the Annie Gabriel Library since 1996, retired at the end of June. For over two decades, she was instrumental in the preservation and expansion of the library's print collections. Her loving and thoughtful care will be reflected throughout the Annie Gabriel Library for decades to come. From the library staff and the many students whose lives you've touched: thank you, Rose!