Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk?

What is my username?

  • Students: The 5 or 6 digit student ID number which appears on the CBU ID card
  • Employees:
    • Combination of first initial and last name (i.e. “Jsmith” = John Smith)
    • This can vary in certain circumstances such as duplicate names

What is my email address?

  • Students:
  • If there is a duplicate, then the system will use the middle initial such as
  • Employees:

How can I change my password?

  • Go to InsideCBU
  • Go to the “Home” tab
  • Click “Password Change”
  • Click “Forgot My Password” and follow the prompts

My name is misspelled (or has changed), how do I go about getting that fixed?

  • Students: Contact the Registrar at 951-343-4566 to begin the process
  • Employees: Submit a request to to begin this process

Can I forward my CBU email to my outside email address?

Per the employee and student handbooks, CBU email (known as LancerMail) is the official means of communications for the University.  It is recommended that email be checked frequently.  Links to email can be found on InsideCBU,, and

My internet/phone/cable TV is not working, who do I contact?

Contact your RA (Resident Assistant) or RD (Resident Director) and inform them of the issue. They will report the issue to ITS on your behalf.