Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact the Information Technology Services HelpDesk?
- Phone: 951-343-4444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Ticket: email@example.com
- In-Person: James Building, Room 160
What is my username?
- Students: The 5 or 6 digit student ID number which appears on the CBU ID card
- Combination of first initial and last name (i.e. “Jsmith” = John Smith)
- This can vary in certain circumstances such as duplicate names
What is my email address?
- Students: FirstName.LastName@calbaptist.edu
- If there is a duplicate, then the system will use the middle initial such as JohnL.Smith@calbaptist.edu
- Employees: Jsmith@calbaptist.edu
How can I change my password?
- Go to InsideCBU
- Go to the “Home” tab
- Click “Password Change”
- Click “Forgot My Password” and follow the prompts
My name is misspelled (or has changed), how do I go about getting that fixed?
- Students: Contact the Registrar at 951-343-4566 to begin the process
- Employees: Submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin this process
Can I forward my CBU email to my outside email address?
Per the employee and student handbooks, CBU email (known as LancerMail) is the official means of communications for the University. It is recommended that email be checked frequently. Links to email can be found on InsideCBU, calbaptist.edu, and cbuonline.edu.
My internet/phone/cable TV is not working, who do I contact?
Contact your RA (Resident Assistant) or RD (Resident Director) and inform them of the issue. They will report the issue to ITS on your behalf.
How long will I have access to CBU Blackboard Learn after graduation or once I have withdrawn from the University?
A student Blackboard Learn account will be disabled:
1. 90 days after the date of graduation
2. 90 days after a student’s last active course enrollment
To regain access to your CBU Blackboard account, you must be actively enrolled and registered for classes.
How do I obtain past course materials or grades?
To obtain past submitted work or syllabi, it is recommended that you contact the instructor of that course.
For prior course grade data, reach out to the registrar’s office at https://calbaptist.edu/office-registrar/.