Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose a major in the College of Health Science?
Health Science related professions are rapidly expanding in the United States and in Southern California. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 18 of the top 30 fastest growing occupations are in the health-related professions.
The two leading health care trends in the United States are the increase in the aging population and the epidemic of obesity. These two trends will influence health care for the next generation and we seek to be strategically positioned to help train future health care providers.
What is the admissions process for the College of Health Science?
The College of Health Science does not have a special admissions process but follows the application requirements provided by the CBU Office of Admissions. You can find more information for applying to California Baptist University by clicking here.
Once you have been accepted as a student at California Baptist University, you can declare one of the many majors within the College of Health Science as your choice of study.
How do I complete an internship, field experience or a clinical practicum?
For answers related to the clinical practicum process, please contact Brittany Burdick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there scholarships available for students within the College of Health Science?
Yes. Applications for scholarships are made available in March and are due April 15 of each spring semester. Students who apply and are selected will receive their scholarship for the following academic year.
Requirements for scholarship eligibility:
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate student and in good standing with the university.
- Student must have a declared major within the College of Health Science.
- Undergraduate applicants must have demonstrated academic success through the completion of a minimum of 15 credits at the university, at least 6 which in their College of Health Science major, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Recipients must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 units per semester (9 units for graduate students) and enrollment must include a minimum of 2 courses per semester that are listed in the university catalog as required courses for a major in the College of Health Science.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible noncitizen.
- Student must demonstrate high achievement in academics, community involvement, extra curricular activities, and purpose and vision.
More questions? Email us at email@example.com.
College of Health Science
California Baptist University
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92504