The Pre-MBA Track offers a pathway for students to enter the MBA program at California Baptist University by taking a combination of Intensive English courses and MBA prerequisite courses over two semesters.
Pre-MBA Admission Requirements
When to Apply
The application and completion of the file for admission into the Intensive English Program Pre-MBA Track must be made according to the following deadlines:
|Fall Semester||July 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
Once all admission requirements have been met and the applicant is approved for admission, a letter of acceptance and the Form I-20 will be issued.
To be considered for admission into the Intensive English Program’s Pre-MBA Track, students must submit the following:
- Completion of the application for the Intensive English Program
- Payment of the $45 nonrefundable application fee
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Official transcripts
- Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words
- Minimum GPA of 2.25. Applications with a lower GPA may be considered based on a combination of GPA, courses already taken and other factors.
- Successful completion of the Intensive English Program’s Level 3 courses OR a score of 46+ on the placement test. Students with a score of 45 or lower on the placement test take traditional IEP classes until they reach the minimum requirements for admission into the Pre-MBA Program.
- Proof of financial support
|ACC 250 - Principles of Accounting I (3 Units)
CIS 270 - Business IT Applications (3 Units)
ESL 071 Writing and Grammar IV (3 Units)
ESL 072 Listening and Speaking IV (3 Units)
GST 010 – Lifeline (1 Unit)
|BUS 315 - Business Statistics (3 Units)
ESL 070 Reading and Academic Vocabulary IV (3 Units)
ESL 073 Introduction to Academic Research (1 Unit)
ESL 074 Academic Presentation Skills (2 Units)
MKT 333 - Principles of Marketing (3 Units)
|8:00-10:00||Writing & Grammar||Writing & Grammar||Writing & Grammar|
|10:00-12:00||Principles of Accounting 1||Principles of Accounting 1|
|12:30-2:30||Listening & Speaking||Listening & Speaking||Lifeline|
|2:30-4:30||Business IT Application||Business IT Application|