Curriculog is a cloud-based curriculum management system used at California Baptist University. CBU uses this system for program and course curriculum changes, additions, and deletions. Curriculog uses established workflows to support the process of approving curriculum changes and improving communication about the curriculum across campus. Faculty members can originate curriculum proposals and track the progress of a proposal in Curriculog.
General Supporting Documents
The documents listed below are designed to assist originators during the proposal process to properly include all necessary information to their proposals.
The Curriculog tutorial videos are designed to assist individuals who have attended training and are in need of a refresher course on a particular form and to assist those new to the Curriculog process. The video tutorials break down various aspects of the process and discuss the required information.
The intent of these tutorials is not only to assist but also provide training that is more specific to the user's potential need. One-on-one trainings are still available. To book an appointment for one-on-one curriculum assistance, please click here.
- Login and Access Curriculog from this link.
- Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. Users of Internet Explorer (all current versions) may run into some complications while interacting with Curriculog's forms.
The User Dashboard is the home page for all users of the system. When you log into the system, the first page you will see is User Dashboard.
Across the top of the page, you will find a toolbar to access Proposals, Agendas, Accounts, and Reports Modules.
The left pane will update based on the Tab selected.
If tasks are waiting to be completed, or if any of those tasks are marked as urgent, clickable links will appear just under the “User Dashboard” header. In the upper right corner, there are options for your own user account listed below the drop-down menu, giving you options for “My Settings” (selecting My Settings will redirect you to the Accounts Module from the top menu) and “Logout.”
Following your name are “Help” and “Search” icons. Selecting “Help” will display a window featuring symbols and colors utilized in Curriculog.
The right pane will display “My Recent Notifications” and “My Upcoming Events”, and the option to view the Calendar.
My Recent Notifications
Users will receive notifications for three purposes: system notifications, system-generated workflow notifications (tasks and status updates), and reminders (alerts and deadlines). The most recent five notifications sent to you will display and you may utilize the arrow in the upper right corner to scroll through previous notifications.
To edit your settings, click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and then "My Settings". On the resulting screen click your name again. On this resulting screen you'll see your SSO login information, your roles and responsibilities and be able to update your email notification settings. If you have any questions or if you need to alter your roles/permissions, please discuss with your college curriculum coordinator.
When you log in, you will be in the Proposals Module by default. Proposals are the various types of forms that route through the review and approval process.
Selecting "New Proposal" allows you to create a new proposal. There are four tabs available for listing the approval processes you may choose from to create a new proposal:
- All Processes – Lists all approval processes available for use
- Courses – Processes created pertaining to courses
- Programs – Processes created pertaining to programs, minors, and certificates
- Others – Processes created pertaining to other actions, (new subjects)
When a proposal is at your step in the workflow, you will need to enter a decision to advance the Proposal to the next step in the Process. To provide a decision, select the “Decisions” Tab from the Proposal Toolbox.
If you select “Approve” and then "Make My Decision", the Proposal will advance to the next step. Entering a comment is optional when selecting Approve, however, all other options will require a comment be entered.
Additional options may include “Hold”, “Suspend”, “Cancel”, and “Custom Route.” If you select one of these options, a request will be sent to the Administrator to approve or reject your request.
The definition of each option is listed below:
- Hold - Submits a request for the Proposal to not advance in the approval process. The request is sent to the Administrator, who will approve or reject the request. The users on the step will be able to continue to work on the Proposal, however, it will not advance in the workflow until the hold is removed. This would typically be used to ask for additional time for revisions on a Proposal when a deadline is approaching, as the item will not trigger the deadline when it has been placed on hold. Only an Administrator can lift the hold on a Proposal.
- Cancel - Submits a request to cancel the Proposal and delete it from Curriculog. The request is sent to the Administrator who will approve or reject the request. If the Administrator approves the cancel request, the Proposal will be referred back to the Originator. The Originator may then re-launch the Proposal or cancel it, which will delete the Proposal from Curriculog. If the Administrator rejects the cancel request, the Proposal will remain on the current step awaiting a decision.
Suspend - Submits a request for the Proposal to not advance in the approval process. Additionally, no work may be done on the Proposal and it will not advance in the workflow until the suspension is removed. The request is sent to the Administrator who will approve or reject the request. Additionally, the Administrator can remove a suspension placed on a Proposal.
Custom Route - A Custom Route is an additional ad hoc step outside the steps in the approval process. Custom Routes require Administrator approval. This will allow you to bring someone else into the Proposal that is not included within the current steps of the Proposal.
Agendas provide functionality to create a meeting agenda for discussing proposals that require an agenda as a part of the approval process. Committee members will receive notification when a proposal reaches a committee step. They may submit their opinion on each individual proposal.
To view agendas, navigates to the "Agendas" tab at the top
To edit your settings, click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and then "My Settings". On the resulting screen click your name again. On this resulting screen you'll see your SSO login information, your roles and responsibilities and be able to update your email notification settings.
When you log into Curriculog, click on the "All Proposals" tab. From there select "Advanced Filter."
You can type in keywords to bring up certain proposals. Make sure to select the box "Completed" under proposal status, that way proposals that have gone through the process will appear.
Then you can select filter proposals. This can be tricky because any proposal with that keyword will appear, so be sure to look at the academic year below the name to make sure you are selecting a proposal that was made in this AY cycle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please use the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is not recommended).
Yes. It is accessible as long as you have an internet connection via your phone, tablet, or computer.