Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Describe and discuss essential services that public health programs provide to protect and improve the health of populations.
- Use research tools and analytical methods to critically analyze, monitor and assess the health status of populations.
- Interpret the impact of policies and legislation on individual and population health.
- Understand cultural differences among populations and interact sensitively, effectively, and professionally with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Apply public health principles to a current public health-related issue.
- Compare and contrast health challenges encountered in different regions across the globe and understand the variety of strategies employed to address them.
- Distinguish microorganisms that cause the most common infectious diseases around the globe, as well as methods to identify these organisms and treat and/or prevent the disease.
- Demonstrate understanding of how the field of public health provides the opportunity for workers to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus in serving the community.