Why earn your M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies at CBU?
Study on our new campus
The CBU PA program is housed in our new 11-acre Health Science Campus where students
will enjoy state-of-the-art learning labs, dedicated student study spaces and the
opportunity to collaborate and establish relationships with students in other health
Enjoy a well-rounded education
California Baptist University is dedicated to providing a quality PA education in
a faith–based atmosphere. Here you will find a caring faculty who are dedicated to
providing the highest quality of education. Medical education will be mixed with community
service and other scholarly activities.
This course exposes students to the role of microorganisms in infectious diseases,
in preparation for advanced coursework in pharmacology, pathophysiology and clinical
Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics I
Students are introduced to the rational use of drugs for the diagnosis, treatment,
and prevention of diseases encountered in the clinical care setting.
This course exposes students to the psychological and social factors that influence
human behavior. Students examine how behavior can be influenced by illness, leading
at times to poor coping skills, and physical and mental manifestations.
Evidence of Student Learning
The physician assistant program will graduate students who will be able to:
- Utilize acquired medical knowledge and technical skills in the systematic process
of patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Incorporate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the evaluation, diagnosis
and treatment of patients.
- Provide patient care consistent with current evidence-based guidelines and legal and
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and professionalism in dealing with patients, their
families and other health care providers, in a caring, culturally sensitive and safe
- Practice team-based, interprofessional health care.
- Give back to the community by engaging in humanitarian service, locally and/or globally.
- Increase access to patient-centered health care by working or volunteering in rural
and/or underserved regions.
- Use acquired knowledge and skills to find gainful employment and adapt to existing
health care systems.
1. Is housing available on campus for graduate students?
Yes. Housing is available in the schools vicinity. Contact Residence Life for a listing.
2. When do classes begin?
Classes begin every September.
3. How long is the course of study?
The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) is an intensive 2-year
program consisting of 1 year of didactic, followed by 1 year of clinical education.
Take the next step toward living your purpose
As you make decisions about graduate school, keep in mind the full social, spiritual
and educational experience awaiting you at CBU. Here, you will be supported by professors,
staff and fellow students who will help you discover your strengths and challenge
you to do more than you ever thought you could. Let us equip you with the education,
training and opportunities you'll need to start making a unique difference doing what