Now accepting applications for Fall 2021 and Spring 2021. Please visit NursingCAS to apply.
|Priority||May 1||November 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1|
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency.
- Minimum 3.25 GPA for unconditional admission and a minimum 3.0 GPA for conditional admission
- Active California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Successful interview with the College of Nursing
- CPR Certification
- Background check clearance
- Health clearance
- Drug testing
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
Online application through NursingCAS
- Please be prepared to submit the following with your NursingCAS application:
- Official transcripts from a college or university reflecting completion of a nursing baccalaureate degree
- Three recommendations completed electronically through NursingCAS. Recommendations must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate's potential for scholarly and professional success, i.e., academic, professional or personal. Family members may not complete recommendations.
- Professional resume that includes current clinical practice with a minimum of 1-year work experience as a RN for APRN concentrations (Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist).
- Comprehensive essay less than 1,000 words in APA format that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Significant events and influences that have affected your approach to professional life
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
For technical support with your application, contact NursingCAS:
NursingCAS Customer Service:
Hours: Monday– Friday (9 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time)