|Priority||May 15||November 1||March 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Update 6/26/20: Given the obstacles related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are accommodating where possible in our application and admission process. CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space allows! Additionally, we have modified our application requirements for several of our programs to better serve you.
1. Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency.
3. Official bachelor's degree transcript. Additional transcripts may be required to verify prerequisites or GPA
4. Two electronic recommendations from sources who can address your potential for success. It is preferred that one recommendation be from an instructor or professor. Recommendations from friends and family are not acceptable.
5. Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Experiences that have directed your interest toward becoming a therapist
- Religious background and the relationship between your faith and professional goals
- Influences that have shaped your present values and approach to life
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
6. Prerequisites: Completion of a bachelor’s degree in psychology or the evaluated degree program equivalency. Prospective students who completed a non-psychology bachelor’s degree are required to complete undergraduate prerequisite requirements (3-12 semester units), as determined by the program director. Outstanding prerequisite coursework must be completed within the first two semesters of graduate enrollment.
8. Successful interview with graduate program director
9. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum score required to display English proficiency for standard admission to a graduate programs is 80 IBT TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS.