Update 6/26/20: Given the obstacles related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are accommodating where possible in our application and admission process. CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space allows! Additionally, we have modified our application requirements for several of our programs to better serve you.
- Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission with the presentation of GRE, work experience, etc.
- Official transcripts from each institution of higher education attended
- Three recommendations from sources who can address the applicant's potential for scholarly and professional success. At least one recommendation should be from their pastor.
- Current résumé documenting all related professional and extracurricular experiences
- A comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Experiences that have directed your interest toward the M.A. in Worship Arts
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University
- A 20-minute video submission of applicant leading worship
- Successful interview with the dean of the School of Music
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing system (IELTS).