|Priority||May 15||November 1||February 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Late applications are accepted and considered as space allows.
1. Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
2. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission with the presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). GRE not required for applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
3. Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
4. Three recommendations from sources who can address your potential for success. It is preferred that one recommendation be from a professor or instructor. Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
5. Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Religious background, present pattern of spiritual growth, fundamentals of personal faith and the relationship between your faith and professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Influences that have shaped your present values and approach to life
- Include in your essay a response to this question, "Have you ever received psychiatric treatment or counseling, yes or no?" If yes, please provide a brief explanation.
6. Successful interview with the director of the graduate program in forensic psychology
7. Prerequisite coursework:
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Methods of Research
8. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum score required to display English language proficiency for admission to a graduate program is 80 IBT TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS.
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504