About the Provost's Office
The Provost is the chief academic officer of the University, and provides overall administration and coordination over all of the academic programs of the University. Areas of supervision include the activities of the academic area deans, the University Registrar's Office, the Library and the Office of Student Success. The Provost makes recommendations to the President regarding the selection, evaluation and professional development of part-time and full-time faculty, and also prepares and oversees the academic area budget.
There are three staff positions in the Provost's Office:
- Dr. DawnEllen Jacobs is Vice Provost, Accreditation Liaison Officer, and Professor of English. As professor
of English, Dr. Jacobs' areas of interest include English education, comparative literature,
science fiction and fantasy literature, Latin American literature, mythology/folklore
and Native American literature.
- Mrs. Lynette Risner, the Administrative Assistant to the Provost, provides administrative support for
the Provost and staff in the Provost's Office and supervises secretaries in the schools
- Dr. Tracy Ward is the Associate Provost for Administration. Dr. Ward oversees the administrative functions of the Academic Affairs division, including fiscal management, space planning and day-to-day operations. She also supervises the Registrar and the Dean of Academic Services, who are responsible for student records and program and policy analysis to facilitate student progress to graduation.
California Baptist University is composed of ten professional schools and colleges and one online/distance education division:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Architecture, Visual Arts and Design
- Gordon and Jill Bourns College of Engineering
- Dr. Bonnie G. Metcalf School of Education
- College of Health Science
- Dr. Robert K. Jabs School of Business
- School of Behavioral Sciences
- Shelby and Ferne Collinsworth School of Music
- School of Christian Ministries
- College of Nursing
- Online and Professional Studies
The deans of these schools and colleges serve on the Provost's Council, which is charged with carrying out California Baptist University's academic policies.