Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the commencement ceremony?The commencement ceremony is about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- How early do we need to arrive to the commencement ceremony?The doors are opened 1 hour prior to the commencement ceremony. Since the seats are preassigned, you do not need to arrive any earlier than 1 hour prior.
- How do I get tickets to a commencement ceremony?Your graduate will receive an email with a promo code to claim their available tickets before the deadline, at no charge.
- Where do I enter the commencement ceremony?Please enter through the very front of the Fowler Events Center. Your graduate will check in at the back of the Recreation Center. No guests are permitted there.
- Does my baby or toddler need a ticket to attend the commencement ceremony?Ages 2 and under (who do not require a seat) DO NOT need a ticket to attend commencement, since they will be lap sitting. Ages 2 and older MUST have a ticket to attend a commencement ceremony.
- Is there special seating for guests that need accommodations?To obtain ADA accommodations or limited mobility seating for guests, the graduate must request this by filling out the Attending Guests Only ADA Accommodations request form.
- I am Deaf or Hard of Hearing and would like to request assistance. Is this available?For the Deaf or Hard of Hearing, closed captioning will be available by QR code at the Commencement ceremony. Sign Language Interpreting (ASL) is ONLY AVAILABLE BY REQUEST BY THE GRADUATE by filling out the Attending Guests Only ADA Accommodations request form BY NOVEMBER 10.
- Are confetti, noisemakers or balloons permitted?NO CONFETTI of any kind is allowed on campus, for pictures or in the Fowler Events Center. Noisemakers and balloons are NOT permitted in the Fowler Events Center.
- Are strollers permitted in the Events Center?Strollers are NOT permitted in the Fowler Events Center.
- Where do we park for our commencement ceremony?Please park off of Adams St. and Lancer Lane, in the parking structure.
- Are there flowers, leis and kukui nut necklaces available for purchase at the commencement
ceremony?Yes! Please do not purchase from the unauthorized vendors that trespass on our campus. Please purchase on site DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE FOWLER EVENTS CENTER AT THE TENT from CBU's Mobilization team. All profits benefit CBU students! You can also preorder HERE SOON so that your graduate will receive their leis and kukui nut necklaces at graduate check In.
- How do I order announcements and class rings?To order announcements and class rings go to Jostens.com
- Will the commencement ceremony be live-streamed and recorded?The commencement will be available by live stream at calbaptist.edu and the recording will be available on the commencement website HERE.
- Is there a digital version of the printed program?You can begin to access the digital version of the printed program, 24 hours prior to the commencement ceremony on the "Reminisce" tab of the commencement website.