Scholarships and Loans
CBU's College of Nursing has a list of scholarships and loans for nursing students. Read below to find out more about each one and the process for applying.
F.A. Davis Fall 2022 Scholarship — Due July 29, 2022
- Accredited Schools Online has provided an expert-driven guide, which includes an extensive list of scholarships and resources to help nursing students pay for school, including information on applying for grants, the Yellow Ribbon program, and other loan forgiveness resources.
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship Sponsored by Nurse.org: Nurse.org is seeking applications for the Healthcare Leaders Scholarship. To be eligible for the $1000 award, students must have a GPA of 3.0 or above, be pursuing a degree related to healthcare, and submit a 600-1000 word essay. The scholarship is offered once a year and award is paid directly to the student. Visit our website for full scholarship details and online application.
- HealthGrad.com offers biannual $2,000 merit-based Healthcare Leadership Scholarships open to any student currently enrolled in undergraduate, graduate or Doctorate level healthcare programs.
- CampusRN Health Careers: Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities. CampusRN has $15,000 in scholarships available to nursing and allied health students.
- Association of California Nurse Leaders offers Advanced Degree Scholarships
- 21 Public Health Scholarships and Tips
- CA State Grants Portal
- AORN Foundation: Commitment to Quality Patient Care and Preventative Nursing
- Oncology Nursing Society: ONS Foundation Awards, Grants, Scholarships
- DAT National Society: Daughters of the American Revolution
- Discover Nursing
- Nursing Pathways Southern California
- Federal Grants Wire
- Indian Health Services
- Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow (Multiple Resources)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Education Center
- SNAPLE NF – State Nursing Assumption Program of Loans for Education for Nursing Faculty
- AACN/After College Scholarship
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association (FNSNA)
- BSN Education Nursing Scholarships
- Nurse.org Scholarships
- Nitro College
- Scholarships.com - Unusual Scholarships, have various ethnicity scholarships
- Navy Nurse Corps Association of Southern California
- OC NAHN Nursing Scholarship
- NHSC Scholarship
- Golden State Nursing Foundation
- Gerogetown School of Nursing & Health Sciences Nursing Scholarship
- FA Davis Scholarships
- Simmons University
- Affordable Colleges Online
- College Express
- The Classroom
- Top RN to BSN (Nursing Scholarships for students, including different ethnic groups).
- Christian Connector Incorp.
- Nursing Scholarships US
- Air Force ROTC Scholarship
- Army ROTC Scholarship Opportunities
- College of Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Navy/Marine ROTC Scholarship Opportunities and Application
- College Consensus
- Calbaptist Academic Works
- National Council of Jewish Women - Los Angeles
- National Hispanic Health Foundation (NHHF)
Federal Nurse Faculty Loan Program
The Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is a loan forgiveness program that prepares and trains qualified nurse educators to fill vacancies and serve as full-time nursing faculty for the prescribed period of time. The purpose of the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty to facilitate education of the nurses needed to address the current nursing workforce shortage. The NFLP is funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and is administered by California Baptist University.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much can I receive in NFLP funding?The number and amount of NFLP loans is limited by the amount of funding provided to the institution by the Department of Health and Human Services. The maximum amount of the loan is $25,000 per year and cannot exceed 5 years of support; the actual amount awarded to a student will depend upon their enrollment and other funding sources.
- I am also getting tuition reimbursement from my employer. Can I receive NFLP at the
same time?You may cover your education costs with a number of funding sources, however you cannot use NFLP to cover the same charges that are being covered by tuition remission/reimbursement or a tuition scholarship.
- Can I use the NFLP loan funds to pay my rent while in school?NFLP loans are awarded for tuition, required fees, and standard book expenses only. NFLP loans do not include stipend support (i.e., living expenses, student transportation, room/board, personal expenses). However, students may apply for support from other federal programs (Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan Program, Graduate PLUS Loan Program) when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
- I had NFLP at a previous institution. Will CBU automatically renew an NFLP loan for
me?An NFLP loan is not transferrable between schools. You must reapply for consideration at CBU.
- I’m a DNP student. What coursework must I complete, in addition to my prescribed program,
to meet the specified education coursework requirement?You should discuss with the Nursing Department which courses or approved educational component you will need to take in addition to your DNP program requirements in order to fulfill the terms of the NFLP loan.
- Am I required to borrow the full amount I have been awarded?Students can borrow all, part, or none of the NFLP loan funds they have been awarded. You are, however, required to notify the Financial Aid Office of whether you accept or decline the loan funds being offered to you.
- What if my enrollment plans change after I have been awarded an NFLP loan?The amount you can receive in NFLP is directly dependent upon the number of credits for which you enroll. Students are initially awarded NFLP based upon anticipated fall and spring semester enrollment. Therefore, if you decrease the number of credits you take, your NFLP loan will also be decreased. If you increase the number of credits you take, your NFLP loan may be increased dependent upon available funding at that time.
- What is the definition of “full time” nurse faculty employment under the NFLP terms?
Full time nurse faculty employment is designated by the lending institution and includes the following:
- 1 Full-time faculty position (tenure or non-tenure track) = 1 Full-time employment status
- 1 Part-time faculty position (adjunct faculty/clinical instructor/part-time faculty) + 1 Part-time faculty position = 1 Full-time employment status
- 1 Part-time faculty position + 1 Clinical educator position (clinical educator, clinical preceptor) = 1 Full-time employment status