Information Technology Management, M.S. (Online)
The online M.S. in Information Technology Management program prepares professionals in the field to address 21st century challenges.
CBU's online M.S. in Information Technology Management program will best serve students who have a bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as computer information technology, network administration and management, cybersecurity or other technology related fields. The fully online program provides students with the competencies and skill sets to create and maintain a competitive edge in today’s rapidly changing and highly aggressive information technology environment.
*with a full-time course load
*Based on current academic year. Subject to change.
Why Earn Your M.S. in Information Technology Management (Online) at CBU?
Complete a Concentration
Students complete a concentration in information systems structure to complement their professional goals. Coupled with key core classes, this degree is highly malleable and applicable to this ever-changing field.
Develop the Skills Needed to Lead in the IT Industry
During coursework, students will develop advanced IT strategies, business management techniques and key management and leadership skills employers are looking for in leaders. Upon completion, students will be prepared to enter management-level jobs that offer both better benefits and higher salaries.
Learn From Expert Faculty
The faculty at CBU bring a diverse breadth of knowledge and experience to the classroom and constantly emphasize connecting theory to practice, which is extremely important in this ever-changing industry.
Learn Flexibly Online, On Your Schedule
- Classes start every 8 weeks
- Accelerated, asynchronous courses offered 100% online
- Three semesters offered year round allows students the ability to graduate faster
Consistent with the university student outcomes, upon completion of the Master of Science in Information Technology Management degree, graduates will be able to:
- Apply concepts and perspectives on organizational leadership, multi-disciplinary perspectives, and leadership models to actual organizational situations.
- Apply relevant principles on the design of computer-based information systems to increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency in the development and implementation of organizational strategy and the control and evaluation of organizational activities.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to resolving conflict by applying conflict analysis models, tools and processes.
- Demonstrate competency in the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet project requirements.
- Demonstrate competency in the application of knowledge, skills, techniques and tools in the domain of information technology security.
- Demonstrate competency in the application of knowledge, skills, techniques and tools in the domain of information systems infrastructure.
- Identify and evaluate the acceptance and adoption of technology within various types of organizational cultures.
- Plan and execute industry best practices related to conducting organization-wide information assurance initiatives.
- Participate in the legal analysis of relevant cyberlaws and address governance, standards, policies, and legislation.
ITM 550: Disaster Recovery Planning
Emphasizes the evaluation and assessment of an organization’s information assurance needs and the necessary tools required for planning, risk assessment, backup, recovery, and detection.
ITM 502: Managing Cyber Threats
This course is a study of the knowledge and skills used to protect networks using the tools and techniques of an ethical hacker. Students will explore the concept of ethical hacking and its practitioners, along with performing security testing.
ITM 540: Emerging Technologies
This course focuses on the evaluation, assessment, and adoption of new technologies with the goal to support and enhance organizational strategy and competitive advantage.
Associate Professor of Computer Information Technology Office Phone: 951-343-2456 Associate Professor of Business Administration Office Phone: 951-552-8185
Director of Bachelor’s in Computer Information Technology (Online), Director of Bachelor’s in Cyber Security (Online)
Office Location: Tyler Plaza
Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
Office Location: Business Building 223
Associate Professor of Computer Information Technology
Office Phone: 951-343-2456
Associate Professor of Business Administration
Office Phone: 951-552-8185
Is financial aid available to help pay for online programs?
Our online degrees offer a reputable and more affordable option for earning your bachelor’s, master's or doctorate degree. When pursuing an online degree, students are freed from the financial obligations that accompany some traditional degrees, such as room accommodations, gas and parking. Additionally, CBU has partnered with select employers to provide their employees with the opportunity to improve their career through their educational goals and receive a 20% tuition scholarship. Learn more about tuition and financial aid.
Are CBU's online programs accredited?
California Baptist University (CBU), which includes all programs offered online, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Many prospective students are uncertain about which college degrees employers or universities will accept. This regional accreditation by WSCUC means you can be confident that your CBU degree is recognized and respected by schools and companies across the country.
What resources do I need to complete my degree online?
To complete your online degree, you will need access to a computer, Wi-Fi and a word processor like Microsoft Word. These are necessary to access the student learning system and complete your assignments. Some programs may require different resources. Check with your enrollment counselor for specific expectations upon applying for your program, or you can view additional information here.
When you complete and submit your application to CBU, a friendly and knowledgeable admissions counselor will guide you through the admissions process and all the necessary steps to become a Lancer.
CBU accepts applications for online enrollment throughout the year, and most online degree programs can start at 6 semester entry points per calendar year.
|2024 Online Semester
|Spring 2024 - Session 2
|Summer 2024 - Session 1
|Summer 2024 - Session 2
|Fall 2024 - Session 1
|Fall 2024 - Session 2
- IT Manager
- Chief Information Officer
*Some career options may require further education.