Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, speech-language pathology students will be able to:
- Apply understanding of communication and swallowing processes, disorders, differences and cultural correlates across the lifespan.
- Apply principles and methods of prevention, assessment and intervention for people with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Apply standards of ethical conduct, professionalism and relevant federal and state regulations pertaining to certification.
- Apply research principles and evidence-based practice to the practice of speech-language pathology.
- Apply professional standards of oral and written forms of communication skills sufficient for entry into clinical practice.
- Describe how clinical practice is enhanced when speech-language pathologists pursue cultural and linguistic diversity, equity and access for all people with communication disorders.
- Describe how the Christian worldview informs the profession and practice of speech-language pathology.