Master of Business Administration
Lead through faith, passion and an advanced understanding of business to achieve organizational objectives.
Pursue Professional Advancement in a Faith-Led Environment
Your career has grown to a certain point through accomplishments and drive fueled by your faith. California Baptist University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) helps you envision the next stage. Whether online or on campus, our tight-knit, supportive community harnesses your passion and devotion to Christ’s teachings to realize your professional aspirations and role within our greater world.
You’ll start with a core elevating your functional business skills before specializing with a concentration. Access to opportunities like international business trips and global internships help you expand your professional experience, network and perspective even before you’ve completed your degree.
*Based on current academic year. Subject to change. *An optional $175 per unit fee will apply if students choose the global business trip.
Why Earn an MBA from CBU?
Learn from professionally accomplished faculty
Understand how to influence success through this MBA program structured for working adults. Consisting of successful entrepreneurs, managers, consultants, researchers, authors, business owners and leaders, our faculty bring their professional perspective into the classroom to guide you forward.
Experience business on a global scale
For an optional fee, international business experiences help students collaborate across borders and grasp an understanding of key cultural practices. Students will also meet business leaders and visit major business locations in the chosen country. Learn more about international internship opportunities and global business trips.
Foster lifelong relationships
Through our dynamic community, small classes provide an interactive learning experience that allows students to strengthen networking, team-building and interpersonal skills while defining their unique visions. Supportive relationships, with both faculty and fellow students, begin the first day of class and last a lifetime.
Take practical courses
MBA classes closely model real-world working environments. Actual cases are discussed to illustrate the connections between coursework and the global workplace. By recreating the boardroom in the classroom, courses motivate students to think, react and function like managers and leaders.
Attend in the evenings after working hours, through the synchronous online MBA+ program, or around obligations via CBU Online’s asynchronous online MBA. Complete the program in as few as 12 months or over two years.
What You'll Learn
Highlighting theories in real-world contexts, CBU’s MBA builds upon your existing professional foundation to graduate competent, ethical individuals ready to transform organizational operations, develop business plans and motivate teams. Core courses explore advanced topics in finance, quantitative research, accounting, marketing, economics, strategy and leadership.
- Equips a new generation of leaders to direct the global marketplace and make ethical decisions through their faith.
- Strengthens your research, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills.
- Helps you uncover your leadership style through biblical teachings.
- Highlights applications of management and behavior theories for improving organizational structure and communication.
- Establishes an ethical foundation rooted in Christ’s message of compassion and serving others.
- Prepares you to lead departments and organizations toward key goals and allocate resources in line with objectives.
Specialize your knowledge through one of four market-relevant specializations*:
- Accounting: Look ahead to Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examinations through a program helping you meet qualifications, grow your knowledge base and embrace your leadership potential through your faith. Learn more about the accounting specialization.
- Business Analytics: Understand how to direct business decisions through data. Courses show you how interdisciplinary data and business intelligence converge to shape organizational strategies and anticipate future performance. Learn more about the business analytics specialization.
- Healthcare Administration: Meet the growing demand for business-centered healthcare leadership through this concentration covering industry regulations, budgeting and decision-making tactics. Learn more about the healthcare administration specialization.
- Management: This versatile course of study prepares you to effectively lead, manage and motivate employees, including through a simulated business environment. Learn more about the management specialization.
*Please note: Not all specializations are available for all program formats.
ACC 550: Ethics and Professional Responsibility for CPAs
This course focuses on the ethical and professional responsibilities of CPAs in public and private practice.
HSC 539: Healthcare Management Strategy
This course is designed to provide knowledge and skills pertaining to the functions of strategic planning and marketing in the healthcare setting.
BUS 548: Strategy and Decision Making
This course is designed to develop the skills and analytical tools to build a strategic framework to align with organizational objectives.
Pursue your professional goals through one of two formats:
- On Campus: Attend evening classes in Riverside one to two days per week.
- MBA+: This synchronous online MBA strengthens connections with your professors and peers through a virtual conference format. This program is intended to be completed in a year and involves two in-person on-campus sessions. Learn more about the MBA+.
What is a Jabs MBA?
The year-round Jabs MBA and the Jabs School of Business are named in honor of Dr. Robert K. Jabs, professor emeritus. Dr. Jabs' long-standing commitment to CBU and our students helped develop the foundation upon which the Jabs MBA is built.
What are the program's entry dates and application deadline?
The Jabs MBA program starts students two times a year — fall (August/September) and spring (January). Information regarding application deadlines for each start term can be found here.
How long does the admission process take?
Once an application file and interview are complete, applicants will typically be notified of a decision within three to five business days.
CBU’s Dr. Robert K. Jabs School of Business is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Associate Professor of Business
Office Phone: 951-343-4426
Office Location: BUSB 227
Associate Professor of Business Administration
Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
Office Phone: 951-552-8185
Office Location: Business Building 223
Assistant Professor of Business Management
Office Location: Jabs School of Business
As you make decisions about graduate school, keep in mind the full social, spiritual and educational experience awaiting you at CBU. Here, you will be supported by highly experienced professors, staff and fellow students who will help you discover your strengths and challenge you to do more than you ever thought you could. Let us equip you with the education, training and opportunities you'll need to start making a unique difference doing what you love.
Business concepts permeate every profession. Therefore, prior business experience or a business degree is not required to apply to the MBA program.
Student Opportunities: Global Business Trip
Graduate students in the MBA program participate in a global business trip with faculty and their fellow peers as part of their tuition. Jabs School of Business continues to seek out opportunities to collaborate with global businesses that create unique learning opportunities for students. Students have traveled to China, Germany, England, Japan, and Brazil among many others.
As our world becomes increasingly global, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts greater demand for business and management professionals. Between 2021 and 2031, growth is predicted to be 7% and 8%, respectively, across all industries.
An MBA not only turns you into a strong contender for these roles but helps you stand out and foster organizational growth through an ethical mindset built upon Christ’s mission. Based on your existing experience and concentration, this program prepares you to excel as an:
- Accountant or auditor
- Financial analyst
- Human resources manager
- Management analyst
- Advertising, promotions or marketing manager
- Financial manager
- Medical and health services manager
- Sales manager
- Training and development manager