* COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the recent campus closure, the UWC will continue to provide only Email Writing Appointments.
Your coaches are trained to cultivate purpose-driven writers, communicators, and influencers (see People). They are here to help you develop the necessary process and strategies to become a more rhetorical writer, who communicates clearly and persuasively (see Mission). They will NOT “fix” your grammar or paper because they are not your editors. But they will provide useful resources and help you to recognize areas of improvement.
Click on this link to book a 30-minute on-campus, online, or email writing appointment with a writing tutor. Please read instructions below carefully:
- LancerMail: enter your full name & LancerMail correctly (or else your tutor will be unable to reach you).
- Limit: only one appointment allowed per writing assignment. Please include details about assignments if booking multiple appointments.
- Error: if you receive a message that the system couldn't book your appointment, please check your email before trying to book another one.
- Manage Bookings: if you need to change or cancel your appointment, click on "manage bookings" in your confirmation email.
Although writing coaches will not proofread your paper, the University Writing Center has access to Grammarly Premium, which is an AI-powered writing assistant that highlights mistakes and suggests corrections.
If you have an appointment with our coaches, ask them to download a full Grammarly report for you. If you don't have an appointment, come to Lancer Arms #54 and check-in with our front desk to download your report now.
III. GRADUATE STUDENTS
For master's and doctoral students who need graduate-level writing support, the Director of the University Writing Center offers two workshops at the beginning and middle stages of your program. Visit our Resources page for links to recorded workshop videos.