Student Health Insurance
Updated November 3, 2023
Beginning for the 2023 - 2024 school year, CBU is no longer requiring the submission of a health insurance waiver, but will be offering an opt-in student health insurance plan through Wellfleet Student for the following CBU domestic student populations.
- All traditional graduate and undergraduate students enrolled for 7 or more units.
- All traditional graduate students in the Athletic Training, Physician Assistant, Social Work, Speech Language Pathology programs enrolled for 1 or more units.
- All traditional Nursing Students enrolled for 1 or more units.
Please note that there is no longer any dependent coverage available through the new Wellfleet Student Health Insurance Plan.
For California residents, additional health insurance options are also available through Covered California.
International students are still required to have the Student Health Insurance, and will continue to be automatically enrolled in the program. International Students DO NOT have to complete the request form.
- How Do I Opt-In and Purchase the Student Health Insurance?
Eligible students who would like to purchase the Student Health Insurance must complete the Student Health Insurance Request Form. Students who purchased insurance in the Fall Semester do not have to rerequest for the Spring Semester.
Please remember that this form is for those students requesting to PURCHASE the insurance. It is NOT a waiver. Waivers are no longer required.
Once the form is received and eligibility is confirmed the charge will be added to the individual’s student account. Enrollment will be submitted to Wellfleet Student once University Card Services receives the notification of payment from the Student Accounts office.
- How Much Does the Student health Insurance Cost to Purchase?
The 2023-2024 cost of the Wellfleet Student plan is $994 per semester (fall and spring). More information regarding the new plan is available www.gallagherstudent.com/calbaptist (Plan Year 2023-2024). Go to the Gallagher Student Health Website and use your CBU email address to log in on the “Profile” tile. Be sure to use the address with your email@example.com not your ID number.
- Insurance Policy Information and FAQ's
Student Health Insurance is provided by Wellfleet Student. Policy information and frequently asked questions may be found on the Gallagher Student Health Website.
The Wellfleet Student mobile app is for college students who have enrolled in their college/university’s student health insurance plan. With the Wellfleet Student app, students can access their ID card, access importand health plan information, view claims activity and status, find care, and connect with the Customer Care team. This mobile app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Health Insurance ID Card and Verification of Coverage Letter
- Health Insurance ID Card
- Go to Home - Wellfleet Student
- Enter your school name in the "Find Your School" search box.
- If you have created a Wellfleet account in the past, log in.
- If you have not created a Wellfleet Account, click "Create New Account" and complete the registration process.
- Enter your Student ID number and date of birth, then click "Submit" to generate your ID card.
- Verification of Coverage Letter
- A verification letter is typically available 7-10 days after enrollment is confirmed.
- Go to the Gallagher Student Health Website.
- Log-in using your CBU email address (using your firstname.lastname@example.org) in the “Profile” section.
- Find the Account Details section and select the “Refresh VOC Letter” link to generate a letter indicating active coverage for the current semester.
- Click the “Certificate of Prior Coverage” link to print a letter indicating coverage during a prior semester.
PLEASE NOTE: New users will be asked to create an account upon logging in.
- Health Insurance ID Card