Online Photo Submission
Online Photo Submission for the CBU Card is a service currently provided for new students enrolling in a traditional graduate or undergraduate program. Below are the steps for new students to take in submitting an online photo.
Steps for New Student Online Photo Submission:
- Complete the class registration process. Once completed, you will receive email instructions to your LancerMail account within two (2) to three (3) business days.
- Access your CBU LancerMail account.
- Look in your LancerMail for an email from email@example.com with “CBU Card Online Photo Submission Request” as the subject line.
- Follow the instructions and use the link provided in the email to submit your photo. This link is specific to you and should not be shared.
- Look in your LancerMail account for an approval or denial email from firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) to three (3) business days of submitting your photo.
- If your photo is denied, use the link on the denial email to submit a new photo that meets the criteria.
- When your photo is approved, check the approval email for instructions on picking up your CBU Card. Cardholders will be required to verify identity prior to receipt of a CBU ID Card.
To be approved submitted photos MUST meet the following criteria:
- A recent photo that reflects your current appearance
- A square-shaped head shot cropped from slightly above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Taken against a plain white/off-white background
- A color photo, in focus, with sufficient lighting and no shadows or bright spots
- Do not include sunglasses, hat, or other accessories.
- Squarely facing and looking at the camera with eyes open
- Displaying a neutral facial expression or natural, unexaggerated smile
- Do not include multiple people or objects.
- No tilted heads, selfies, glamour shots, digitally modified, etc. photos will be accepted.
Typically senior portraits or other professionally taken photos do not work well due to their dark, busy backgrounds. Passport type photos work the best. This is often easily accomplished by taking a cell phone picture in front of a plain white background.
Undergraduate students unable to submit an online photo will be given a chance to take their CBU Card photo at New Student Orientation or Welcome Weekend.
Graduate students unable to submit an online photo may take one in person in the University Card Services Office (Lancer Plaza 140; Student Support Suite). Our office is open Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm.
CORRECT AND INCORRECT PHOTO SUBMISSION EXAMPLES
No Hats or Sunglasses
Not Looking at Camera