*COVID-19 UPDATE: All UTC services are available. However, all services have been modified for student, staff and faculty safety. Please see below for more details.
The University Tutoring Center (UTC) provides academic support and resources to help CBU students succeed in their lower-division coursework. The UTC offers peer tutoring in one-on-one, group, and supplemental instruction models. Tutoring is available on an appointment or drop-in basis at no additional cost to students. The UTC also works in partnership with university departments, colleges, and schools to assist students in meeting academic goals while participating in such programs. Additional services include academic coaching, workshops, study support, and make-up exams.
- One-on-One Tutoring
Call (951) 343-4349 or click on this link to book an appointment with a tutor. After receiving a confirmation email, your tutor will send a separate email with further instructions before your scheduled appointment. Please read instructions below carefully before booking your appointment:
- LancerMail: Copy your LancerMail and enter your full name correctly (or else your tutor will be unable to reach you).
- Error: If you receive a message that the system couldn't book your appointment, please check your email before trying to book another one. This may take a few minutes.
- Manage Bookings: If you need to change or cancel your appointment, click on "manage bookings" in your confirmation email.
- Group Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
We have many group tutoring and supplemental instruction opportunities. Please call 951-343-4349 or email email@example.com to find out about how to join these sessions.
- Academic Coaching and Mentoring
Academic coaching and mentoring is for students who need support transitioning from high school to college, improving their GPA, understanding faculty/course expectations or developing study skills.
Call 951-343-4349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment with an academic coach or mentor. After receiving a confirmation email, your coach or mentor will send a separate email with further instructions before your scheduled appointment.
- Make-Up Exam Proctoring
To schedule a make-up exam, please follow the instructions below.
- Fill out student section on the Test Contract and submit it to your professor.
- Your professor will fill out the faculty section and submit both the contract and exam to the UTC.
- Once the UTC receives both the contract and exam, you may schedule an appointment. Be sure to communicate with your professor because these exams do expire.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (951) 343-4349 or email email@example.com.