Teaching and Learning Resources
Listed below are resources to help faculty excel in their teaching experience at CBU. The information listed is routinely updated with current best practices and tutorials. If you have suggestions that you feel would benefit the campus faculty please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Make Your Course Available to Students
How to Create Announcements in Your Course
How to Add a Tool Link to Your Course (How to Add/Change Your Course Navigation)
Using the Content Editor (How to Add Your Syllabus to Your Course)
How to Use SafeAssign in Assignments
How To Create a Test
How to Set Test Options
Teaching with Technology
- VoiceThread (Video Tutorials)
- Respondus (Lockdown Browser for Blackboard Examinations)
- TurningTechnologies Clicker (Audience Response System)
- Adding Library Films on Demand videos in Blackboard
- Linking to Library Resources in Blackboard
- Finding Research Grants
Additional Teaching Resources
OPS Offfers Faculty Resources
Course Syllabus Template
Faculty Peer Evaluation Rubric/Instructions
Student of Concern Report
Midpoint Course Evaluation (Video Tutorial)
Faculty Livetext account expired? Instructions on how to renew your account.
Faculty/Academic Staff Profile Editing Instructions
Follow the instructions below to edit an individual profile for the Faculty/Academic Staff user role.
- Begin by logging into your account via the login page located at
https://marketing.calbaptist.edu/faculty_directory/ (with your CBU email address and password).
- Upon successful login, you will be redirected to the “Edit Profile” page.
There is no substitute for one-on-one discussion with TLC staff about teaching style, instructional design, course goals and student interaction. Here are some of the ways our staff is available to help you:
Developing and Designing
- Traditional, online and hybrid courses
- Syllabus with clear student learning outcomes
- Flip classroom
- Teaching strategies
- Instructor presences
- Technology in a course
- Activities to engage the learner