Teaching with Technology
Listed below are resources to help faculty excel in their teaching experience at CBU. The information listed is routinely updated with current best practices and tutorials.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard Supported Browsers:
Chrome or FireFox
- Technology Resources
- Blackboard CBU's Learning Management System
- Voicethread -(Tutorials) this Power Point style like application is a great resource create online resource to enhance presentation or lectures that utilize video and audio faculty /student interactions.
- TechSmith Rely - (Tutorial) Is a video resource where faculty can create or use web-based videos and insert quiz functions to check for understanding.
- WebEx - (Tutorials) is a real-time meeting application where student can attend live (sychronous) meeting session that can be recordded and reviewed at a later date.
- Respondus (Tutorial)- Lock-Down Browser is an integrated blackboard tool where any Blackboard exam is secured. This means that students can not print, surf the web, chat withother student or take screen shots of the exam. Training Webinars Provided by Respondus
- Box - Cloud storage and sharing
- LiveText - Document assessment application
- Blackboard Tutorials
- How to make your Course Available
- Create a folder for each week of instruction.
- Creating an Assignment.
- Creating a Discussion Forum/Journal /Blog in Blackboard
- Sending an email through your Blackboard course
- Creating a Quiz/Test/Exam in Blackboard
- How to assign exams using exception optoins to a single user or group
- Blackboard, Mash-ups, and Youtube
- Library Resources
While the library building is closed until further notice, the library remains open online (https://calbaptist.edu/library/). There are more than 300,000 ebooks, millions of journal articles, and over 30,000 streaming videos available electronically to your students to complete assignments for your courses. However, the library’s print reserves, reference section, and print books will not be accessible to most of your students, so please keep that in mind as you are designing coursework. Librarians remain available to you for assistance as you prepare course assignments (and also to your students as they compete them).
Student Engagement in BlackboardThe Perfomance Dashboard in Blackboard can help you track your students progress in your course. It is important to remember to check the box of tracking number of views for best results in any item, content, or assignment.