ISP Participation Cost
Participation costs can vary by type, length of the project, and location. Below is the cost of most projects by type:
Project Type Length Cost
Encounter 8-14 days $2,000
Engagement Average of 3 weeks $3,500
Immersion 5-10 weeks $3,500 - $4,500 *
You can assume the above cost is correct unless noted otherwise on the team preview
* Most Immersion projects are 8 weeks and cost $4,500.
The participation cost covers all of your on-field expenses (lodging, food, transportation, and ministry supplies), airline ticket, visa, overseas insurance, and training materials. You are personally responsible to pay for your passport and immunizations. While on the field, each participant is only required to pay for his or her souvenirs, sightseeing, and snacks.
Participants are permitted to raise support to finance their International Service
Click here for information on raising support.
Below is a list of financial deadlines. All fees and deadlines are required to be paid by the date indicated and are applied toward the total participation cost of your service project.
- $70 Application/Interview Fee - due October 13, 2017 (must be paid to complete application)
- $100 Team Placement Fee - due November 24, 2017
- 25% Deadline - due by January 16, 2018
- 50% Deadline - due by February 13, 2018
- 75% Deadline - due by March 13, 2018
- 100% Deadline - due by April 12, 2018
Student payments: The Application/Interview Fee must be paid in the application software to complete your application submission. Additional payments can be made directly on the student's personal fundraising page.