CBU’s MSW program will begin offering a distance learning track (DL-MSW) in the fall 2020 semester, providing great flexibility for students who desire to pursue their MSW degree while working full time.
The DL-MSW will provide the same curriculum, faculty, and program requirements as our current program; however, students in the distance learning track will not need to come to campus except for scheduled residencies throughout the program.
This is an amazing opportunity for those currently working in social services, people looking for a career change while working full time, veterans and military families, and those who may live outside of the Riverside area.
Below are a few particulars about this new delivery format:
- The curriculum is identical in all sections. However, students in the DL cohort will complete their coursework remotely and asynchronously, providing them great flexibility and convenience to matriculate through school, while balancing family and employment obligations.
- The DL students will attend four residencies throughout the program (each residency is 2 days, and 8 hours per day), providing opportunities for in-person engagement with faculty and peers. Residencies will be held in Riverside.
- Field practicum is identical to other sections. Students will complete the same number of hours.
- Employment-based practicum is an ideal option for students in the DL cohort.
- Although DL students will complete all coursework remotely, they are encouraged and invited to join on-campus events, activities, library services, office hours with faculty members, and other CBU related services.