Fall Admission Only
Application Deadline: May 15
- Application for admission with a $45 non-refundable application fee. Apply at calbaptist.edu/gradapp
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency.
BSW from a CSWE accredited program required for Advanced Standing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission. Advanced Standing applicant GPA requirement: 3.0
- Official sealed transcripts showing completion of a bachelor's degree. Additional transcripts may be required for prerequisite and GPA verification.
- Three recommendations from sources who can address your potential for success. It is preferred that one recommendation be from a professor or instructor. Family and friends may not complete recommendations. Advanced Standing applicants required to have a field instructor recommendation.
- Prerequisite: Statistics
- Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes:
- Your motivation for pursuing an MSW, your career goals, and your reason for choosing to study at CBU.
- Your background in the field of social work, if any, and/or your volunteer experiences in the field.
- The personal qualities make you a good fit for the profession and for graduate study.
- Your faith journey and the role of faith in your life.
- The issues of social justice you are most passionate about and why.
- Successful interview[s] with MSW program director
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency.