Available for all students.
Annie Gabriel Library
Instructional Services Librarian Carolyn Heine assists students and faculty both inside and outside of classes:
Student Research: Students are encouraged to initiate their own research projects and/or participate with faculty in research areas pertaining to their interest. Students desiring to submit a research project to the Institution Review Board at CBU will do so with the permission of a faculty member. Visit CBU’s Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment for more information.
- Scholarships are available through the College of Health Science.
- Students are encouraged to learn about the following two opportunities through the CAPSCD website:
The National Student Speech Language Hearing Association for CBU is very active and currently has approximately fifty student members with newly elected officers for the 2015-2016 school year. Dr. Namhee Kim serves as faculty advisor for the group, with assistance from Professor Margaret Appenzeller. The group hosts community outreach events throughout the year in order to serve children with speech and language disorders and their families.
Procedures for Complaints Against Graduate Education Programs
- A complaint about any accredited program or program in candidacy status may be submitted to the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology by any individual(s).
California Speech Language Hearing Association
The California Speech-Hearing Association (CSHA) is an organization for communication sciences and disorder professionals in California. The CSHA website contains information for audiologists, speech-language pathologists and speech-language-hearing scientists and speech-language pathology assistants in California. CBU students are encouraged to join CSHA and attend local events through District 10 in the Inland Empire, and to attend the state convention each year. The following are the benefits of membership:
Benefits for Students Include:
- Help with finding a job
- Meeting a future mentor
- Learn about best practices
- Discover personal special interests
- Expand your professional network
- Access to valuable resources and information
To sign up go to: https://www.csha.org/Sign-In?returnurl=/
- Fill out the form (1 year student membership - $35)
- Submit online
- Renew yearly as desired