Application Period: Open now through January 15, 2018
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (B.S., B.A.) in Communication Disorders or Speech Language Pathology, or have completed a post baccalaureate program which includes all lower and upper division requirements for the respective Communication Disorders or Speech Language Pathology undergraduate degree.
- Graduate Program application: www.calbaptist.edu/gradapp
- Submit a $45 application fee– payable online at CashNet.
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- GRE required
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three recommendations: Two from faculty members and one from a professional
- Resume including any relevant volunteer, field, or work experience.
- A comprehensive essay: minimum 500 words, maximum 1,000 words that includes the following (send to email@example.com):
- Purpose for entering the program
- How the program will allow you to live your purpose in life
- How your characteristics and goals are congruent with CBU's mission
- Prerequisite Self Evaluation Form to show completion of Basic Science Requirements in the Course Content Areas as required by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) 2014 Standard IV-A. These content areas include: biological sciences, physical sciences, statistics and the social/behavioral sciences.
- To download the Prerequisite Self Evaluation Form please CLICK HERE
- Personal Interview - not all candidates are selected for an interview
- Students selected for admission will be required to also submit the following before they can begin the program: 1) evidence of a passing score on the Basic Skills Requirement for the Preliminary Speech Language Services Credential and, 2) LiveScan (Certificate of Clearance)
- English Language Proficiency
Documents can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside CA 92504
Please also review this handout describing the eligibility requirements and essential functions for the Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology program.
The application deadline for fall 2018 is January 15. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be held for selected applicants.
Tuition and Fees
- $45 graduate program application fee payable online at CASHNET
- Cost per unit: $762 for fall 2017
- Calipso: One-time student fee of $85 for an account during the program
- Scholarships: Scholarship awards by the College of Health Science vary each year. Please contact the College of Health Science office for more details.