Now accepting applications for Fall 2024
- Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency.
- Official transcripts of all college coursework
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 or presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on the CSET exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Proof of having met basic skills requirements by:
- Passing the state-administered California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) or equivalent by the second semester of enrollment
- Qualifying coursework
- Combination of both of the above
- Verification of Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing granted prior to admission
- Written statement of purpose OR in-person/virtual program interview (student's choice).
Written statement (500-word maximum) or interview will address:
- What are your educational goals?
- How will this program help meet those goals?
- What makes you a good fit for CBU?
- Prerequisites* (completed with a "C" or better):
- General Psychology
- Introductory Statistics
- Abnormal Psychology OR Personality Theories
- One (1) of the following:
- Growth Development and Learning
- Lifespan Development
- Educational Psychology
*At least two prerequisites must be completed prior to admission. Remaining prerequisites must be completed within the first semester of the program.