Now accepting applications for Fall 2022
- Application for admission with graduate application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency.
- Official transcripts of all college coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on the CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations from professional sources who can address you potential for success in education.
- Prerequisites: (completed with a grade of "C" or better)
- General Psychology
- Growth Development and Learning or Life Span Development
- Abnormal Psychology or Personality Theory
- Proof of having taken the CBEST. (A passing score is required by the end of the second semester of enrollment.)
- Valid Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing which can be obtained through the School of Education.
- Essay that includes your reasons for choosing School Counseling as a profession, reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University and why you are personally suited to be a school counselor.
- An interview with the program director