Update 6/26/20: Given the obstacles related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are accommodating where possible in our application and admission process. CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space allows! Additionally, we have modified our application requirements for several of our programs to better serve you.
- Application for admission with graduate application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all college coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on the CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations from professional sources who can address you potential for success in education.
- Prerequisites: (completed with a grade of "C" or better)
- General Psychology
- Growth Development and Learning or Life Span Development
- Abnormal Psychology or Personality Theory
- Proof of having taken the CBEST. (A passing score is required by the end of the second semester of enrollment.)
- Valid Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing which can be obtained through the School of Education.
- Essay that includes your reasons for choosing School Counseling as a profession, reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University and why you are personally suited to be a school counselor.
- An interview with the program director