Priority Application Deadline: Fall-April 1, Spring-November 1
Standard Application Deadline: Fall-August 1, Spring-December 1
- Application for admission with graduate application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all college coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on the CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations from professional sources who can address you potential for success in education.
- Prerequisites: Completion of 12 units of undergraduate or graduate semester hours with a grade of "C" or better in General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology or Theories of Personality, Introductory Statistics, and Life Span Development or Growth, Development and Learning.
- Proof of having taken the CBEST. (A passing score is required by the end of the second semester of enrollment).
- Valid Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing which can be obtained through the School of Education.
- Essay that includes your reasons for choosing School Counseling as a profession, reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University and why you are personally suited to be a School Counselor.
- An interview with the program director