About the Program

  • Is housing available on campus for graduate students?

    Yes. Housing is available in the school's vicinity. Contact Residence Life for a listing.

  • When do classes begin?

    Classes begin every September.

  • What is the program's accreditation status?

    The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the California Baptist University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by California Baptist University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.

    Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2030. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.

    The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-california- baptist-university/.

  • How long is the course of study?

    The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) is an intensive 2-year program consisting of 1 year of didactic, followed by 1 year of clinical education. 

  • Can I work while I am enrolled in the program?

    Because of the fast pace and attendance requirements, it is recommended that students not work while enrolled in the program.

Application Process


Financial Aid



  • What degree will be given upon successful completion of the program?

    Graduates who successfully complete the program will be given a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degree.

  • After program completion, is job search assistance provided?

    As part of the program, CBU will provide information and workshops in the job-seeking process. The program may also provide leads to potential jobs. However, job-seeking is an individual process and CBU cannot guarantee that an employer will hire you.

    The CBU Career Center is a wonderful resource for our current students and alumni. 

  • How do I begin clinical practice?

    Upon completing an ARC-PA accredited program, graduates are eligible to sit for the professional board given by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Upon passing the exam, candidates are given the designation of Physician Assistant–Certified (PA-C). The candidate may then apply for state licensure and for a DEA certificate to prescribe controlled medication. The licensure process and requirements for each state vary and candidates must check with the Board of Physician Assistants in the state of planned practice for specific requirements.