|Priority||May 15||November 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1|
Late applications are accepted and considered as space allows.
- Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
- Baccalaureate degree in mechanical engineering from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency. Applicants with a degree in a discipline other than mechanical engineering may be admitted but must have all undergraduate prerequisites including at least 15 undergraduate credits in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than a 3.0 may be considered for admission with a 3.25 GPA from nine or more units of relevant graduate work.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent attention Graduate Admissions
- Three recommendations. At least two recommendations should be from previous faculty or from qualified professionals if academic references are more than 10 years old. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae including up to 10 years of professional experience and all postsecondary education
- If taken, GRE scores are highly recommended
- A 1,000 word essay describing your:
- academic/career goals and interests
- experience with and interest in research and development
- readiness for graduate study
- access to any external funding—government fellowships, corporate sponsorships, etc.