|Priority||May 15||November 1||March 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1*|
Now accepting applications for Spring 2022, Summer 2022 and Fall 2022
1. Completion of application for admission with $45 application fee
2. Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency, with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Additional transcripts may be required for prerequisite verification.
4. Three recommendations from professional or academic sources who can address your potential for success. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
5. Essay of at least 500 words, that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Background and/or experience in sports, physical education or related areas
- Short and long term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
6. Résumé identifying all previous work and education experiences
7. Prerequisites completed with a "C" or better:
- Physical education concentration requires a minimum of 12 semester units in kinesiology/physical education including a basic movement anatomy or related course.
- Exercise science concentration requires courses in the following: Anatomy & Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics or related course.
- Nutrition in health science concentration requires completion of prerequisite courses in: General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
8. Interview with the program director
9. Acceptance for admission by the graduate program director
10. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum score required to display English language proficiency for graduate programs is 80 IBT. If the score is lower than 80, applicants may be admitted to the Intensive English Program (IEP) and a graduate program while taking required language courses to meet the minimum TOEFL requirement.
California Baptist University does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability in admissions or in the administration of its educational policies, programs, or activities.