|Priority||May 15||November 1||March 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Update 6/26/20: Given the obstacles related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are accommodating where possible in our application and admission process. CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space allows! Additionally, we have modified our application requirements for several of our programs to better serve you.
- Completion of application for admission with a $45 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of all college coursework verifying completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (some programs may accept the evaluated equivalency), with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (2.75 for conditional acceptance). The presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations from professional sources who can address candidate's potential for success in education. Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Why you are suited to be a educator
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Acceptance for admission by the director of the graduate program in education
- Certificate of Clearance
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a recent test score from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).