|Priority||May 15||November 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1|
Late applications are accepted and considered as space allows.
- Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
- A bachelor of science degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or mathematics from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or the evaluated equivalency is preferred. Completion of a bachelor's degree in a different field may be considered.
- At least 15 units in mathematics, computing, information technology or a closely related field
- Prerequisite: A computer programming course or demonstrated knowledge of programming language
- Minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 may be considered for admission with a 3.25 GPA from nine or more units of relevant graduate coursework.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sent to the attention of Graduate Admissions
- Three letters of recommendations: At least two recommendations should be from previous faculty or from qualified professionals if academic references are more than 10 years old. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Résumé including up to 10 years of professional experience and all postsecondary education
- A comprehensive essay of at least 1,000 words that includes the following:
- Academic/career goals and interests
- Experience with and interest in research and development
- Readiness for graduate study
- If available, reference to external funding such as a government fellowship, corporate sponsorship, etc.
- Successful interview with the program director
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).